Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Building a national network
Monday, July 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM (BST)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
How we did it in the UK and where we’re going. The UK has been fortunate in having support from JISC and projects like the RSP to build a national infrastructure. This workshop looks at what we did and how we went about it and we hope give some pointers to the way networks can be supported and develop elsewhere.
This workshop will showcase research repositories in UK higher education. It would demonstrate how widespread the network is, how coordinated the UK is as a community, what the Repositories Support Project has done to encourage this, the role of United Kingdom Council of Research Repositories and what JISC has done in terms of a national approach to support and development.
Delegates from outside the UK will have the opportunity to get an in depth understanding of the repository network in the UK and also to talk to repository staff about their experiences of integrating the repository into the institution. No specialist knowledge or skills are required.
* Introduction by JISC to the programmes which have supported repository development over the last seven years and to future plans for repository development and support in the UK – including the UKRepositoryNet+ service.
* The current picture of UK repositories and the work of the RSP in supporting them.
* The role of UKCoRR (United Kingdom Council of Research Repositories)
There will then be a number of concurrent sessions where UK staff will use their institutions as a case study to engender discussion about what can be achieved. They will focus on two main themes:
* The integration of research repositories with university systems, processes and policies especially those connected with research management.
* Projects and initiatives to promote the repository within the institution in order to increase the deposit of full text items. This will have multi-disciplinary focus and include arts and humanities content as well as STEM subjects.
Organised and led by:
* Repositories Support Project
The Repositories Support Project, a JISC-funded initiative which aims to increase open access to research outputs through building repository capacity, knowledge and skills within UK higher education institutions. It provides advice and guidance through face to face support and through its website and publications. In addition, it organises regular events and training for UK higher education staff.
OR2012 is the 7th International Conference on Open Repositories. The conference is being held in Edinburgh from 9th July to 13th July 2012.
For more information and to view the full programme and register for your place at the conference see: http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/.
Please note that for all events listed on EventBrite you must already be registered for the main conference. You can do this here.
The hashtag for all conference discussions is #OR2012.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.